Dinner in less than 10 minutes? We’re so for it! With our fresh pole caught yellowfin tuna delivered straight to your door, don’t delay whipping us this dish! It’s bursting with flavour and perfectly paired on a bed of greens with an Asian-style dressing.
What could be more mouth-watering than yellowfin tuna, sustainably caught, and healthy for the whole family? Our yellowfin has an array of health benefits like Omega-3s and vitamin B12.
Tuna steak is a lot different from the canned tuna. For one, it comes in the whole portion and has a beautiful red colour when raw. It also holds its form better than other types of fish that flake.
Tuna is usually cooked medium-rare and seared from the outside while retaining that red colour on the inside. You also don’t need to be nervous about eating raw fish either.
Let’s get cooking! Once you’ve ordered your tuna from Go Fish’n Online, it’s time to start cooking!
- 2 yellowfin tuna portions from Go Fish’n Online
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional: Green onions, sesame seeds, and lime wedges for serving
- Pat your yellowfin tuna portions dry with a paper towel and place them on a plate.
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until honey is fully dissolved. Pour over your tuna portions and turn over to coat completely. Reserve a spoonful or two to drizzle after cooking.
- Heat medium pan on medium-high heat until very hot. If you’re using a cast iron, give it 3-5 minutes, if you’re using a non-stick pan it will usually take 1-2 minutes.
- Add your olive oil to your hot pan.
- Sear the tuna for two minutes on each side for a medium-rare cook. Don’t overcook it.
- Remove to a cutting board and let it rest for at least 3 minutes. Slice into 1cm slices and serve garnished with your green onions, sesame seeds, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
It could not be easier and more healthy to whip up this meal! If you haven’t ordered your yellowfin tuna yet, head over to our online store to place your order today:
Don’t forget to tag us in your pics if you whip up this amazing dish!