Fish and Rice Bowl Recipe
Spring is here and we’re starting to find lighter meals that are packed with flavour. This Rice and Fish Bowl can be adapted to use your favourite fish and is the ideal meal that you’ll want to make extra of for the next day!
|Total time:||20 mins|
|Author||Chew Out Loud|
1 bunch coriander
4 spring or salad onions
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon pickled or fresh jalapenos
Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
2 chopped tomatoes
400g black beans, rinsed
300g can corn, drained
1/3 cup olive oil
600g firm white fish of your choice
2 tablespoons of your choice of spices
450g rice of your choice
Lettuce, cut into wedges
- First make your dressing using the avocado, half the coriander, half the spring onion, sour cream, jalapenos, half the lime juice, and 2 tablespoons water. Pop these into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- Next, using the rest of the coriander, spring onion, tomatoes, beans, corn, 2 tablespoons oil and remaining juice create your salsa by chopping up and combining. Season the salsa with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Put your fish, spice mix, and 1 tablespoon of oil into a medium bowl and coat with the spices and oil. Heat a medium-sized pan with some olive oil and cook your fishing, turning every 3 to 4 minutes until charred and just cooked through.
- Cook your rice according to the packet’s instructions.
- Now it’s time to plate and serve! Use your rice as a base, flake the fish over the rice, follow that with the salsa and dressing, then garnish with jalapenos, lettuce, and lime wedges.
The ideal springtime meal!