Who else could do with some colour in their lives this winter? We know we could! This beautiful citrus butter salmon will do just the job!
- 1 salmon filet of about 1kg
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 blood orange thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (pick your favourites)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 blood orange segmented and chopped
- 1 naartjie segmented and chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt and pepper
METHOD – SALMON
Pre-heat your oven to high and set the rack just below it.
Place the salmon filet on a baking sheet. In a bowl, stir together the brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon zest. Add the olive oil to make a wet rub. Rub the mixture all over the salmon and place the blood orange slices on top.
Broil your salmon for 6 to 8 minutes, or until just flakey with a fork. Drizzle with your herb butter and serve with the salsa. You can also opt for rice or quinoa.
METHOD – BUTTER
Stir your herbs together with your melted butter.
METHOD – SALSA
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.